6.14.2007

Freewriting

Well, I did my writing today. It was about 40 minutes, I think. I'm actually pretty sure we weren't even required to do the writing until tomorrow, but I needed to just freewrite a bit. I'm just feeling a lot of pressure lately, having some personal issues. I felt like I needed to get them off my chest, even if just into a word processor, before I could write fiction.

It helped too. Freewriting about my issues centered me some, made me realize how insignificant those problems really were. I'd recommend it, if anyone is feeling a little off-balance.

The good news is, my freewriting from today seems like some good fertilizer (emotional excrement, get it?) to plant a story in.

Sidenote: Anyone up for an afternoon beer/hangout session on University or 4th this weekend sometime? Seems like it'd be fun to get to know each other outside of class. Let me know.

No comments: